Citizen & Youth Police Academy
Please note that Surrey RCMP will not be taking applications for the 2021 Citizen and Youth Police Academy. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic this program has been postponed indefinitely.
What is the Citizen & Youth Police Academy?
The Citizen & Youth Police Academy is a 9 week course designed to give Surrey residents and youth an inside look into policing. This interactive learning series aims to foster a better understanding between Surrey citizens and the RCMP and explore what the community can do together to enhance public safety.
The Academy will feature presentations and demonstrations by police officers and staff on a variety of topics including:
- Day in the life of a patrol officer
- Drugs and major crime
- Mental health and addictions
- Police Dog Services
- Traffic investigations
- Basic law and the court system
- Crime prevention
Thank you for organizing such a great program and giving me the opportunity to participate in it. I am glad I got the opportunity to interact with the RCMP and gain insight about policing firsthand through this program. Also, this is a great initiative to engage the community and foster a healthy relationship between the police and the community because it breaks barriers and clarifies misconceptions. I appreciate the hard work the RCMP has put in to deliver this program to the public. Thank you! - Jaspreet, Citizen Police Academy participant
How to Apply
All applicants will be reviewed by the Surrey RCMP with selection based on the following criteria:
- Completed application form
- Resident, student, or business owner in Surrey
- Adults: 18 years of age or older
- Youth: Surrey student in grade 10, 11 or 12
- Complete and pass a criminal record check (no record or pending charges)
- Be eager to learn, engage and participate in the course
- Be available to attend all 9 sessions
For more information email Surrey.CPA-EPA.Surrey@rcmp-grc.gc.ca.
- Date modified: