Police Certificate

A Police Certificate is only issued for people who are leaving the country and require a Criminal Record Check. This includes visa applicants, foreign travel, and foreign work permits. You cannot obtain a Police Certificate if you have a criminal conviction. Checks from other countries are not conducted for Police Certificates.

Police Certificates can be issued using your name (provided that no convictions exist) or using fingerprints. Some countries may require a Police Certificate by fingerprints even if you don’t have any convictions – please ensure you know which process you will require before attending our office.

Police Certificate Using Name

If check is being done by name and date of birth, you may attend any of our District Offices.

Police Certificate Using Fingerprints

If fingerprints are required, you must attend one of the following:


To see a list of current fees, visit our Service Fees page.

Immigration & Citizenship

Please review instructions given to you by Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada before you attend.


Date modified: