Surrey RCMP host Public Safety Fair
2019-10-07 11:53 PDT
On Saturday, November 2nd, Surrey residents, businesses, youth and families are invited to join the Surrey RCMP and partners at a Public Safety Fair during National Crime Prevention Week.
The event will showcase the Surrey RCMP’s collaborative prevention and intervention programs with local partners, and inform the public on how they can get involved in public safety. Attendees will also get a sneak peek of two new presentations that discuss gang involvement and ways of building resiliency in youth.
The Public Safety Fair will feature a number of family-friendly activities including:
- Free barbecue prepared by Surrey RCMP police officers and staff (11:00 am - 1:00 pm).
- Free on-site shredding of your personal documents with Super Save Shredding (10:00 am – 2:00 pm). Donations for the Surrey Food Bank are welcome.
- Mini-presentations of the new
Shattering the Imagemodule, and the brand new Project Lavender for youth (launching soon).
- Information on Surrey RCMP programs and services including gang prevention, youth services, community programs, Victim Services, property/auto crime, and more.
- Mini-Blue fitness sessions for children and youth facilitated by police officers.
Community partners will also be on hand to demonstrate the collaborative programming that has been designed to foster a holistic approach to safety in Surrey. The following organizations will have information booths at the Public Safety Fair:
- Safe Schools / School District 36 / Welcome Centre
- Crime Stoppers
- Surrey Anti-Gang Family Empowerment (SAFE) program partners
- Vision Zero Surrey
- Surrey Fire Service
- Surrey Parks, Recreation & Culture
- Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver
- Fleetwood Business Improvement Association
- Downtown Surrey Business Improvement Association
- Lookout Housing & Health Society
- Surrey Urban Mission Society
- Surrey Bylaws Enforcement
- Surrey Crime Prevention Society
We look forward to welcoming Surrey residents, business owners, youth and families at this event so they can learn more about the wide variety of programs the Surrey RCMP and its partners offer to help strengthen our communities, says Inspector Wendy Mehat, Community Support and Safety Officer.
We are also excited to show attendees some of our newer youth engagement initiatives including the Family & Youth Resource Support Team, Project Lavender, and a new module of our Shattering the Image anti-gang presentation.
This Public Safety Fair is a continuation of the Surrey RCMP’s commitment to proactively engage with Surrey residents to promote public safety as a shared responsibility.
Surrey RCMP Public Safety Fair
Saturday, November 2, 2019
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
École Salish Secondary School
7272 184th Street, Surrey
Admission is free and registration is not required.
MEDIA: Media are welcome to attend this event. Details on media availability of spokespersons will be sent out closer to the event date.
Cst. Richard WrightMedia Relations Officer
14355 57 Avenue, Surrey, BC, V3X 1A9
- Date modified: