Don’t let the Grinch steal your tringlers and trappings
Lake Country, West Kelowna, Kelowna
2020-12-01 07:42 PST
As the holiday season approaches many of us are sending and receiving all sorts of packages, boxes and bags. These deliveries often sit on our front steps and become easy pickings for thieves. But there are some steps we can take to ensure a Grinch-free season.
- Plan for deliveries- If your items comes with a tracking number try to be there when it arrives, or ask a neighbour to accept it.
- Send it where someone will be- you can arrange to delivery to a friend or neighbour who will be home, or even have it delivered to where you work.
- Have it held- most delivery services have the option to hold it at their location for your pickup.
- Use the
ship to storeoption- your package will be safe at the store until you can pick it up.
If, despite your best efforts, your package is stolen these are the steps to take:
- Contact the delivery company and notify them.
- Report it to your local police.
- Inform the sender.
Cpl. Jocelyn NoseworthyMedia Relations Officer
1190 Richter St, Kelowna, BC V1Y 2K7
- Date modified: