If this is an emergency call 911.

Making an online report

Completing the online report will take approximately 15 minutes.

Be aware:

  • Filing a false police report is a crime.
  • Your IP address will be captured during the online reporting process.

You will be required to provide

  • Basic personal information and/or business information, such as your name, date of birth and email address.
  • Date and location of the crime or incident.
  • If the crime involves your car, you will need the make, model and license plate of your car.
  • Descriptions (including serial numbers and value, if available) of any items that were lost or stolen.

After your online report is submitted

  • You will be given a temporary police report case number and you will be able to print a copy of the police report for your records.
  • Your file will be reviewed.
  • Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.

Online Reporting Criteria

All of the criteria below must be met in order to make an online report:

  1. This event occurred in the City of Surrey.
  2. I have a valid email address.
  3. I did not see the suspect.
  4. The event I am reporting falls within one of the following categories:
    • I have lost something that costs less than $5,000.
    • An unknown person has stolen something from me that costs less than $5,000.
    • An unknown person has vandalized my property or my car. The damage is less than $5,000.
    • An unknown person has broken into my car and stolen property that costs less than $5,000.
    • My car has been in a hit and run accident and I have no information for the suspect. The damage is less than $5,000.
    • I have observed a traffic violation: erratic/unsafe driving, cellphone use while driving, excessive noise.

My report does meet all of the criteria above:

Begin Online Reporting

My report does not meet all of the criteria above:

Call 604-599-0502 to make your report.

To report City issues such as graffiti, parking, dumping, etc. visit the City of Surrey External link, opens in a new windowReport a Problem page.