Report a Crime
Call 9-1-1 to report a crime in progress or an immediate threat to a person or property.
Non-emergency 604-599-0502 / Online Reporting
Report through non-emergency if a crime has already been committed and no suspects are present, or to report suspicious or nuisance activity.
Online crime reporting is available if:
- you have no witness nor suspect
- you have lost something that costs less than $5000
- someone has stolen something from you that costs less than $5000
- someone has vandalized your property or vehicle and it will cost less than $5000 to repair it
- there are no items involving personal identity, firearms, licence plates or decals
All other crimes require you to make a report via phone. Please call 604-599-0502.
Submit an anonymous tip through Crime Stoppers or call 1-800-222-8477.
Text 9-1-1 available only for pre-registered deaf, hard of hearing, speech impaired persons.
We encourage you to report all crime and suspicious activity to police. Every incident reported to us is analyzed and assessed to identify crime trends and public safety issues.
When you call police you will be connected with a telecommunications operator. Operators will ask a series of questions required to create a police file and determine if police attendance is required. Questions include:
- What is the incident being reported?
- When did it occur?
- Where is the location?
- Who is involved?
- Why did the incident happen?
- Are any drugs, alcohol or weapons involved?
- Your information – full name, date of birth and address.
The best way to help police respond is to remain calm and follow the lead of the call taker in answering questions.
25-30% of the 9-1-1 calls received each day are false. Help prevent false 9-1-1’s:
- Use 9-1-1 only in an emergency with immediate threat to safety.
- Lock and store your phone properly.
- Don’t let children play with phones..
If you call 9-1-1 accidentally, stay on the line and answer the questions from the telecommunications operator. Otherwise we will need to call you back or attend in person.
- Date modified: