Circles of Strength
What is Circles of Strength?
- The Circles of Strength program, sponsored by the Williams Lake Restorative Justice program, is a communication tool for bringing people together in an atmosphere of respect and safety.
- The goal of Circles of Strength is to use a peace-making circle approach for specially identified spousal assault files in the community.
- The Circles process creates a safe place in which all present have the opportunity to speak without interruptions
- Circles open fresh possibilities for connection, collaboration and mutual understanding.
- Circle participants create a social contract, pledging an end to the violence and creating goals for the future.
- Circle participants learn to process changes in their lives through community members and support people who participate in the Circle, helping the family on its path to change and healing.
- Circles are enhanced through mental health and drug and alcohol treatment services available to both relationship partners prior to participating in Circles.
- Date modified: