Unsolved Crimes September 11th to September 19th
2017-09-22 15:46 PDT
File # Unsolved Crimes September 11th to September 19th
1. Nanaimo file # 2017-30432 Sometime overnight on Monday September 11th a boat trailer was stolen from a service road which runs parallel to Kennedy St in the 300 block. The trailer is a 1981 Roadrunner boat trailer with BC plate UYP80H. The plate and decal for the trailer were not attached at the time of the theft.
2. Nanaimo file # 2017-30526 Sometime between 10 pm and 5 am on Tuesday September 12th tools were stolen from a work site at 1690 Townsite Road. Taken was a blue Makita Power Planner and Jigsaw along with batteries. No serial numbers were available.
3. Nanaimo file # 2017-30543 Sometime overnight on Tuesday September 12th a few cooper spools of wire was stolen from BC Hydro located on Madsen Road. Thieves gained access to the compound by cutting through the chain link fence which surrounds the property.
4. Nanaimo file # 2017-30638 Sometime overnight on Wednesday September 13th unknown persons broke into an unlocked vehicle parked on Roberta Rd East and stole loose change and fishing hooks. This neighbourhood has seen an increase in petty thefts which are most likely the result of persons residing nearby and taking advantage of insecure vehicles, sheds and sometimes homes. Always ensure your vehicles are locked. This applies to shed doors, garages and even your tools. Take away the opportunity and you will reduce crime in your neighbourhood.
5. Nanaimo file # 2017-31045 On Friday September 15th a utility trailer with BC Plate 022475 was stolen from Fawcett Road. The trailer has a large black box in the front and a two foot rise extension in the bed for carrying wood. There is also a spare tire changed to the side of the trailer
6. Nanaimo file # 2017-31255 Reported on September 17th but stolen within the past week was fishing equipment taken from a boat parked in the backyard of a home in the 3400 block of Stephenson Point Rd. Stolen were two electronic Scotty downriggers, two mounts, two braided downrigger lines, two lure chargers and rigging, two cannon ball retrievers, two 20 pound cannon balls, one Magma stainless steel marine BBQ with mount and various tackle.
7. Nanaimo file # 2017- 31278 Sometime overnight on Sunday September 17th a black HEYS hard shell suitcase containing women's clothing was stolen from outside a residence in the 5900 block of Broadway.
8. Nanaimo file # 2017-313318 Sometime overnight on September 17th a log splitter was stolen from the front yard of a home under construction in the 6400 block of Portsmouth Rd. The log splitter is very heavy and difficult to move. The suspect(s) cut the hydraulic lines then unbolted the splitter part and removed it. The splitter is a DHT22 ton log splitter with serial # 00019.
9. Nanaimo file # 2017-31319 Sometime overnight on Monday September 18th or over the weekend a number of vehicles used by the Boys and Girls Club on Fifth St were broken into. This is an ongoing issue at this site and previously security cameras have been stolen.
10. Nanaimo file # 2017-31449 Sometime overnight on Tuesday September 19th a mountain bike was stolen the carport of a home in the 7200 block of Lantzville Road. The bike is a black 21 speed with 23" wheels and has blue stripes with "Reactor" on the middle bars.
Cst. Gary O'BrienMedia Relations Officer
Community Policing Services, Nanaimo
303 Prideaux St, Nanaimo, BC, V9R 2N3
- Date modified: