Nanaimo Unsolved crimes: August 12th to August 22nd
2017-09-06 11:02 PDT
File # Nanaimo Unsolved crimes: August 12th to August 22nd
1. Nanaimo RCMP file # 2017-26460 Sometime overnight on Sunday August 13th an earthquake kit was stolen from the backyard of a home in the 6300 block of Pinewood Lane. The kit was kept in a large bin that was not taken. The stolen goods consisted of clothing, food, rain gear, flashlights and pet supplies. Around the same time, several break ins were reported to vehicles parked in the neighbourhood.
2. Nanaimo RCMP File # 2017-26535 On Monday August 14th from 510 Nova St, 25-30 boxes filled with models and collectibles were stolen from a tent stored on the property. The items were earmarked for an upcoming yard sale and consisted of CD's, bike helmets, metal lunch kits, Superman print and airplane/ship/car model kits. The suspect may have had knowledge where the items were being stored and would need a vehicle to remove the stolen goods.
3. Nanaimo RCMP File # 2017-26673 Sometime overnight on Tuesday August 15th an unlocked garage located in the 3400 block of Monterey Drive was entered and 2 power washers were taken. One power washer is a yellow MCS with hose reel attached, the other is a Multi Quip mounted on an aluminum base with a 9hp Honda motor.
4. Nanaimo RCMP File # 2017-26835. Over the past two weeks there have been a number of random thefts from the yard of a home in the 300 block of Kennedy St. Items taken consisted of spot lights, boxwood plants and 4 bikes. The thefts are occurring overnight and to date no suspects have been identified. If you see suspicious activity, report it immediately.
5. Nanaimo RCMP File #2017-27001 Between 8:30 pm and 11:30 pm on August 16th a boat was stolen from the back of a pickup truck parked in the Walmart parking lot. The fiberglass homemade boat weighs approximately 250 pounds and is dark green with white painting resembling a killer whale. The boat did not have a HIN number and there was no motor for the boat.
6. Nanaimo RCMP File # 2017-27903 On Friday August 18th a boat moored at 104 Front St was broken into. The front door to the vessel was pried open and taken were a large brown ottoman, TV wall mounts, LED bulbs and a set of keys.
7. Nanaimo RCMP File # 2017-27218 On Saturday August 19th between the hours of 12:30 am and 7 am a home in the 200 block of Bowlsby St was broken into. The home owner was sleeping during the incident and when they woke they realized several items were missing. It appears the suspect entered through an unlocked office window. Taken were some cash and a one year old Galaxy cell phone.
8. Nanaimo RCMP File # 2017-27428 On Monday August 21st at approximately 7 am a homeowner residing in the 400 block of Selby St awoke to find a male in his early 20's in their apartment attempting to take their beige Chitzu dog. When confronted the suspect male jumped off the balcony and ran off without the dog. The suspect male was approximately 5 ft. 8, slim build and wearing a black baseball cap, black pants and white shirt.
9. Nanaimo File # 2017-27603 On Tuesday August 22nd a break and enter was reported at 55 Victoria Road. The property manager told police unknown persons had thrown a drainage grate through the front door then took art work from the lobby.
10. Nanaimo RCMP File #2017-27630 On Tuesday August 22nd at approximately 4 pm a cell phone was stolen from an outside table at the Modern Cafe on Commercial St. The owner of the phone told police she was sitting at a table when a white male walked by, grabbed the phone and ran off with it. The suspect male had short darkish hair and was wearing a black shirt and black shorts with a green stripe. The owner used her Find my phone App and tracked it to the area of Museum Way. Shortly thereafter the phone was shut off. The owner has advised her service provider and the phone will be locked preventing any unauthorized usage.
Cst. Gary O'BrienMedia Relations Officer
Community Policing Services, Nanaimo
303 Prideaux St, Nanaimo, BC, V9R 2N3
- Date modified: