On average the Ridge Meadows RCMP receives 423 missing person reports annually. While some of these reports require extensive investigation, many could have been dealt with by the family prior to contacting police.
What is a Missing Person?
missing person is a person whose location is unknown and who might be:
- in need of assistance to be reunited with his/her family, or to return home;
- the victim of an offence;
- in critical need of medical attention; or
- mentally impaired and unable to care for himself/herself or who might pose a danger to his/her safety or to that of others; and
- may include a runaway or AWOC (absent without consent).
What is a Runaway or AWOC (Absent without consent)?
runaway is a child or young person who leaves the home, group home, or other place of residence for an indefinite period of time, often as a result of potential or actual serious problems that require clinical or social intervention.
How to report a missing person...more
If anyone has any information related to a missing person they are asked to contact the Ridge Meadows RCMP non-emergency number at 604-463-6251. If you wish to remain anonymous, please call Metro Vancouver Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
- Date modified: