Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register kudos or complaints about the Coquitlam RCMP?
- How do I pay fees & fines?
- How do I access Coquitlam RCMP locations & services?
- How do I get fingerprinted, request a police information check or apply for a record suspension?
- How do I deal with unwanted firearms?
- How do I deal with wildlife-related public safety issues?
- How do I get help with civil law issues?
- How do I access Coquitlam RCMP volunteer & job opportunities?
- How do I deal with lost, found, stolen or seized property?
How do I apply for permits & licenses?
How do I apply for a Special Occasion Licence for an event where alcohol will be served?
For information about or to apply for a Special Occasion Licence for an event where alcohol will be served, please visit the the BC Liquor Distribution Branch Special Occasion Licence Online website.
How do I apply for a taxi permit?
Anyone operating a passenger vehicle for payment is required to have a valid chauffeur's permit. Processing of chauffeur's permit applications is done by the Coquitlam RCMP. For information on fees and how to access application forms visit our "front counter" page.
Chauffeur's permits can take up to 10 business days to process and the application form must be signed by the applicant and dropped off in person at the main detachment for processing. Applicant's must present the following when dropping off the application:
- A valid BC driver's license.
- Two recent colour passport photographs.
- A Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport or other proof of legal entitlement to work in Canada.
- EITHER a copy of the applicant's current Coquitlam chauffeur’s permit OR a copy of the applicant's Taxi Host (Level 1) certificate for first time applicants and those whose chauffeur's permit expired more than one year prior to the date of application.
- Date modified: