There are number of ways to get involved and volunteer with the Surrey RCMP. We recruit volunteers to work with our crime prevention programs that include Speed Watch, Lock Out Auto Crime, Cell Watch, and the Stolen Auto Recovery Program. (For the Auxiliary Program, click here.)
Surrey RCMP volunteers also attend numerous community events where they host information booths, talk to people about public safety, and answer questions. Some volunteers even wear the coveted Safety Bear mascot outfit at events!
- 19 years of age
- Canadian Citizen (or permanent resident for a minimum of 5 years)
- Valid Class 5 driver's licence
- Be reliable and have integrity
- Volunteer a minimum of 16 hours a month for 1 year
- Attend all training sessions
- Pass a suitability interview
- Successfully pass a security background check
- Complete a six month probationary period
Current volunteers – log in to Better Impact here to see upcoming volunteer opportunities.
We will be accepting applications from January 6 to February 28, 2020.
Click here to apply to volunteer
For other volunteer opportunities with the City of Surrey, please visit www.surrey.ca/culture-recreation/483.aspx.
- Date modified: