Crime Profile 2009-2018
- Actual Incidents: Select Criminal Codes
- Crime Rate: Select Criminal Code Offences
- Overall Crime Rates by Category
- Select Property Crime Rates
- Crime Severity Index (CSI) Rates
- Weighted Clearance Rates
Report Notes and Data Qualifiers
Source of Crime Statistics and Population estimate information:
- Statistics Canada. Table 35-10-0184-01 Incident-based crime statistics, by detailed violations, police services in British Columbia
- Statistics Canada. Table 35-10-0063-01 Crime severity index and weighted clearance rates, police services in British Columbia
This report is based on UCR2 crime data for Surrey RCMP (Municipal, 59704) available from Statistics Canada CANSIM tables as of July 2018. Counts are based upon the most serious violation in the incident. One incident may involve multiple violations. Traffic offences are not included in Total Criminal Code (CC) counts: they are presented seperately. Rates are calculated on the basis of 100,000 population.
Total Sexual Violations Against Children includes sexual interference, invitation to sexual touching, sexual exploitation, and luring a child via a computer.
Total Assault on Peace Officer includes assault peace officer, aggravated assault to a peace officer, and assaulting with a weapon or causing bodily harm to peace officer.
Total Other Assaults includes unlawfully causing bodily harm, criminal negligence causing bodily harm, and other assaults.
Total Criminal Harassment/Threats includes criminal harassment, uttering threats, and threatening or harassing phone calls.
Administration of Justice Violations include fail to appear, fail to comply with order, breach of probation, escape or helps to escape from lawful custody, unlawfully at large, and other violations against the administration of justice (Part IV Criminal Code).
Firearms/Other Offensive Weapons relates to Part III Criminal Code.
Please review the data qualifiers and limitations
- Date modified: