Warm Weather Security Tips
2017-07-19 09:43 PDT
Warmer Weather Security Tips
With summer and warmer weather finally upon us, the Richmond RCMP would like to take this opportunity to remind the community of some tips to better protect property from theft.
- Please secure your windows and doors properly. This includes windows on floors higher than the first or main floor.
- If you are traveling or will be away from your home for extended periods of time, make your home appear lived in/occupied. That means keeping the lawn clean, picking up newspapers/flyers/mail regularly, and keeping lights on a timer in your absence.
- Keep your valuables in vehicles out of sight. If there is nothing to see, there is nothing to steal. It takes less than a minute to break a window and steal contents from the vehicle. This includes loose change, personal electronics, shopping bags/parcels, GPS units, dash cams, phones, tablets, and so on. If you regularly park your vehicle in your driveway, be sure to keep the garage door remote control hidden.
- If you live in a building with secured entry or park in a secured garage, wait for the door to close and make sure no one follows you in.
- Report any suspicious activity to police immediately.
Keeping these tips in mind will go a long way in reducing crime in our neighbourhoods.
Cpl. Dennis HwangMedia Liaison Officer
11411 No. 5 Road, Richmond, BC, V7A 4E8
- Date modified: