Remembrance Day Ceremonies - Proud Tradition In North Vancouver
2017-11-10 10:24 PST
Dossier nº 2017-11-11
Under the Official Languages Act, this office provides services to the public in English only. You will find general information in both official languages at bc.rcmp.ca and www.rcmp.ca
Aux termes de la Loi sur les langues officielles, ce bureau n'offre des services au public qu'en anglais. Vous trouverez des renseignements généraux dans les deux langues officielles au cb.grc.ca et www.grc.ca.
The North Vancouver Remembrance Day commemoration ceremonies will take place Saturday, November 11, 10:30 AM, at the Victoria Park Cenotaph. The park is located in the 100 block of East Keith Road and Lonsdale Avenue.
The North Vancouver RCMP reminds citizens that there may be some traffic delays as the JP Fell Pipe Band will lead a parade from the Armories to the Cenotaph. The first stage of the parade route will consist of the following movements:
- At 9:20 AM, the Pipe Band march off from the Armories at 15th & Forbes Avenue then proceeds east to St. George and south to the RCMP Detachment.
- At 9:55 AM, the contingents of the Pipe Band, RCMP and Fire Department will precede south on St. Georges down to the assembly point at the corner of East Keith Road and St. George.
With the completion of the ceremonies at approximately 11:30 AM, Veterans along with remaining participants will march off from the Cenotaph at Victoria Park. The final stage of the parade route will consist of the following movements:
- Northbound on Lonsdale Ave.
- Turning Westbound on West 15 Street.
- Proceeding West on 15 Street to the Armories on Forbes Avenue.
"Throughout the parade routes, the motoring public can expect roadblocks and delays," advised Cpl. Richard De Jong of the North Vancouver RCMP. "In this important day of honoring and remembering, the public is asked to be patient with any delays the parade may bring."
Cap. Richard De JongAgent des relations avec les médias
GRC de North Vancouver
nvan.bc.rcmp.ca (en anglais seulement)
147, 14e Rue Est, North Vancouver (C.-B.) V7L 2N4
Téléphone : 604-969-7561
Cellulaire : 604-363-5584
Télécopieur : 604-990-7450
Courriel : email@example.comSuivez-nous :
- Date de modification :