Mariners and Mounties shine in Red Serge Classic
2017-11-08 10:16 PST
Under the Official Languages Act, this office provides services to the public in English only. You will find general information in both official languages at bc.rcmp.ca and www.rcmp.ca
Aux termes de la Loi sur les langues officielles, ce bureau n'offre des services au public qu'en anglais. Vous trouverez des renseignements généraux dans les deux langues officielles au cb.grc.ca et www.grc.ca.
The Earl Marriott Mariners have defeated the Langley Christian Lightning to take home the trophy in the 18th Annual Red Serge Classic Senior Girls’ Volleyball tournament.
The two-day tournament saw action from 11 of the best high school girls’ volleyball teams in the province. Last Friday’s (November 3rd, 2017) opening ceremonies featured the traditional Mounties marching in red serge and an inspirational address to the athletes from former university athlete and current Coquitlam RCMP Constable Laura Lytwynec.
The tournament started Friday night and continued Saturday with the top teams in the province battling through some close matches.
- Earl Marriott Mariners - Surrey
- Langley Christian Lightning - Langley
- Semiahmoo Totems – Surrey
- Carihi Tyees – Campbell River
- Belmont Bulldogs- Victoria, Pacific Academy Breakers – Surrey, Riverside Rapids - Port Coquitlam, Handsworth Royals - North Vancouver
10. Lord Byng Grey Ghosts- Vancouver, Lord Tweedsmuir Panthers - Surrey
- Jordan Aisenstat – Semiahmoo
- Tyra Anderson – Earl Marriott
- Danica Cowie – Earl Marriott
- Sophie Johnson – Carihi
- Kayla Oxland – Handsworth
- Savanna Purdy – Belmont
Most Valuable Player:
- Savannah Caterino-Leger - Langley Christian
Langley Christian’s Savannah Caterino-Leger also took top spot for the hardest spike with a 69 km/hr effort.
The upset of the tournament came in an exhibition match between the Coquitlam Mounties and the High School Girls’ All Star Team. The Mounties broke a long losing streak by winning a one-set match by the slimmest of margins, 26-24.
Cap. Michael McLaughlinAgent des relations avec les médias
GRC de Coquitlam
coquitlam.rcmp.ca (anglais seulement)
2986, Guildford Way, Coquitlam (C.-B.) V3B 7Y5
Téléphone : (604) 945-1580
Courriel : firstname.lastname@example.orgSuivez-nous :
- Date de modification :