Mounties take to the volleyball court to support Red Serge Classic
2017-11-01 15:32 PDT
View a larger photo
Local Mounties are trading their red serge for volleyball uniforms this Friday evening as the 18th Annual Red Serge Classic Senior Girls' Volleyball Tournament gets underway at Riverside Secondary School.
We look forward to the chance to interact with young athletes from around the province, says Corporal Michael McLaughlin with the Coquitlam RCMP.
Our police officers and RCMP volunteers don’t win many games against these well-oiled teams, but being around such positive young women makes up for it.
Where: Riverside Secondary School (2215 Reeve Street, Port Coquitlam)
When: Starts on November 3rd , 2017, at 5:15 p.m. and continues through November 4th, 2017
Who: Ten of the best BC senior girls' volleyball teams, including the host Riverside Rapids
The opening ceremonies will include:
- Coquitlam RCMP officers in Red Serge marching into the gym at 5:15 p.m.
- Opening remarks by Youth Liaison Officer, Constable Chantal Mitchell
- Welcoming remarks by Vice Principal JJ Hyde
- Keynote speech by Constable Laura Lytwynec, former varsity volleyball athlete at Western University and current member of the Coquitlam RCMP
Following the opening ceremonies, the public will be treated to a speed spike competition and an exhibition game between the High School All Stars and the Coquitlam RCMP.
*All events are open to the public*
- Riverside Rapids - Port Coquitlam
- Handsworth Royals - North Vancouver
- Lord Tweedsmuir Panthers - Surrey
- Pacific Academy Breakers - Surrey
- Kelowna Owls - Kelowna
- Earl Marriott Mariners – Surrey
- Semiahmoo Totems- Surrey
- Lord Byng Grey Ghosts- Vancouver
- Carihi Tyees – Campbell River
- Belmont Bulldogs- Victoria
Cpl. Michael McLaughlinMedia Relations Officer
2986 Guildford Way, Coquitlam, BC V3B 7Y5
- Date modified: