UPDATE - Crime Spree Suspect Charged
Prince George, Police Dog Services
2017-01-10 14:31 PST
File # 2017-00628 et al
Criminal Code Charges have been laid against a Dawson Creek man in connection to a series of thefts and dangerous incidents this past weekend.
James Alan WEBB, 35 years old, has been charged by Provincial Crown Counsel with the following 26 Criminal Code offences:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000 (3 counts)
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle (2 counts)
- Fail to Stop for Police (2 counts)
- Willfully Resist or Obstruct a Peace Officer (3 counts)
- Assaulting a Peace Officer with a Weapon (2 counts)
- Possession of a Weapon Dangerous to the Public Peace (4 counts)
- Driving While Disqualified (5 counts)
- Fail to Comply with Probation (5 counts)
These charges stem from a series of crimes that occurred primarily on Saturday January 7th, 2017, in Prince George. See the January 8th, 2017, media release here.
WEBB is from Dawson Creek and has been held in custody at least until his next appearance in Provincial Court scheduled for Wednesday January 11th, 2017. He is well known to police.
Although the UTV has not yet been reported stolen, police believe it to be. It is described as a red & white Polaris RZR. Police are asking the owners of similar UTVs to check to see if it has been stolen. If it has, please immediately call the Prince George RCMP at 250-561-3300.
Cpl. Craig DouglassCommunications NCO / Media Liaison Officer
Prince George RCMP
455 Victoria Street, Prince George, BC, V2L 0B7
- Date modified: