Can you help identify this robbery suspect?
2019-03-20 09:22 PDT
File # 2019-27669
Surrey RCMP is asking for the public’s assistance to identify the suspect in a robbery which occurred in the City Centre area.
On February 24, 2019 at approximately 7:00pm, a woman was using the ATM machine when she was approached from behind by a man who threatened her with a weapon and demanded that she withdraw money from her account.
Investigators believe the man fled eastbound and was last seen near Whalley Boulevard and 102 Avenue. It is believed that he could have possibly boarded a taxi at that location.
The suspect is described as tall Caucasian male, with a slim build, and facial hair. He was wearing a two tone grey winter jacket, light color pants, and gloves. (Please see attached photos)
Investigators are asking anyone who can help identity the suspect to call the Surrey RCMP’s Robbery Unit.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Surrey RCMP at 604-599-0502, or contact Crime Stoppers if you wish to remain anonymous, at 1-800-222-8477 or www.solvecrime.ca
Robbery prevention tips:
- Walk with confidence. Keep your head up and know where you are going.
- Limit distractions. Store valuables out of sight and remove your headphones
- Stay visible. Stick to well-lit areas and don’t wear dark clothing at night.
- If you are approached, verbally threatened or physically assaulted you can avoid further confrontation by giving the perpetrator the property they want. Do not engage in the altercation as it increases your chance of getting physically harmed.
- Try to take note of what the suspect(s) looks like and their direction of travel. Physical descriptors such as: height/weight, clothing, and visible markings like scars, tattoos or piercings can help the police in later identifying the suspect. Call police as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Date modified: